Casting Across has been up and running for six months. I’ve really enjoyed the ride thus far, and I’m very glad that friends and family finally convinced me to start putting my writing online.
I’ve gotten back into the fly fishing community after a six-year hiatus of sorts, and it has been a great half of a year. Because of this website, I’ve had some amazing conversations, experiences, and opportunities.
Although six months is somewhat of an arbitrary benchmark, I thought I’d take this opportunity to do a few things:
- I want to highlight my three most popular posts.
- You’ll get a chance to get in on my first giveaway. (Details on how to get some great items are below.)
- I’d be remiss to not acknowledge and thank all of those who have contributed in some way to what I’ve done.
In many ways, those who read my work are the most important part of this whole adventure. Honestly, every read, subscription, follow, and “like” means a lot to me. Thank you!
The Three Most Read Posts on Casting Across
These are the pieces that have received the most traffic on CastingAcross.com. If you haven’t read them yet, I’d encourage you to do so. If you have a favorite that isn’t one of these, let me know!
By far, this piece has been visited more than any other on the site. Realistically, I probably didn’t need to do much in highlighting a stories and well-loved fly shop. The shop on the lake in Boiling Springs has been a special place for me, and I was able to talk to some very significant figures in the fly fishing community who feel the same.
One of my first “X ways to do Y” articles, this was linked to by some popular sites and social media accounts. Fly fishing in the winter months can be so rewarding because of the solitude and the ambiance. Sure, it is cold. But fly fishers also like to buy high-tech clothes and gear to stay warm. Plus, as the article says, “fish have to eat.”
It has been my pleasure to work with some great companies through Casting Across. Trout Life is definitely one of them. I love to write about the stories behind the brands and products, and the folks behind this clothing company have a great story. I’m happy that so many have read this piece, and hopefully enjoy this type of writing.
Casting Across – Giveaway
I’m excited to be able to give away some great items. One winner will receive a wading belt from Wingo Belts as well as a $30 credit for Cheeky Reels. These sister companies are top notch, both in quality and customer service.
Here is how you can win the belt and the credit:
- Subscribe to CastingAcross.com. That’s it! Just put your email address in the forms on the right sidebar (if you’re on a desktop) or below (mobile). I won’t send junk or give out your information – you’ll just receive notifications when there is new content on the site.
- Want more entries? Follow Casting Across on social media, like the contest post, and tag a friend. For every platform you follow the site on, you’ll receive another entry.
- A winner will be announced on May 6th. Good luck!
Inevitably I’m leaving someone out, but know that the success of this site has been bolstered by some great individuals and companies. In my opinion, phone calls and face-to-face conversations lead to some of my best writing. I appreciate those who have taken the time to be a part of Casting Across’ first six months.
Thanks again for reading and being a part of Casting Across’ first six months. I’m hopeful for many more months, years, and fish to come.